header
HomeAboutHealth InspirationSponsor

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Fingers Crossed

      Hey all! I just wanted to keep you updated with my life a bit...I just finished all my papers and tests for the semester (Halleluja!) so I have a bit of time! In addition to getting my PhD, I switched jobs in the last few weeks! I am no longer a social worker, which was a hard decision to make, but a really necessary one. I may go back to it someday, in a different form. But as of now, I desperately needed a break. I think it is one of the toughest things in the world to do...switching from a predictable job that you know how to do to something totally new. However, my old job was bringing me down (that ol' social worker burn out was frying me crispy!) and I wanted my career to go more in the direction of my studies in the PhD program. SoOoO, I am now an account manager/staff member at LA Fitness, where I do my personal training and work outs and I just got a teaching job as an adjunct professor at a community college teaching a social work class.
       LA Fitness is going to help me see if working in the fitness/wellness area is something that I am interested in pursuing in the future. I was kind of shocked how intense the gym business is! People need to learn how to pay their bills, but that's a post for another day! However, though the work can be intense, the environment at the gym is really friendly and inviting. It is also great being surrounded by people that are invested in health and fitness. I am also really excited about this teaching position. I think it's going to be super scary starting out teaching a bunch of adults but I think eventually I will get the hang of it. It will be great teaching others about a topic I have worked in and studied.


Life has changed for Mer In America, and I wanted to give you the 411! Fingers crossed my life changes work out. Have a happy hump day!





3 comments:

  1. Thats exciting! I hope you enjoy your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I can't wait to hear how you like teaching at the community college, one of my goals is to teach a college level social work class.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every one! Stay well and xoxo, Mer In America