header
HomeAboutHealth InspirationSponsor

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Awesome Protein Shake

Hi all! Over the last two weeks I have been a food plan to help me lose some weight and get proper nutrition while doing it. I am working with an old trainer from my gym and she provided me with the plan. It is comprised of 5 meals a day with one optional snack on workout days, and 4 meals on non-workout days. This has not been easy for me, especially since spring time is a time for patio happy hours, dinner dates and nights out. However, I am really trying to stick to the plan, and only having one cheat meal (Skyline Chili typically wins) per week. I will go more into my experience with the plan in later weeks, and will introduce you to the trainer who has been helping me on this journey!


I wanted to give you guys the recipe for the protein shake which is one of the meals I have on workout days. It may not sound all that great but it really is delicious and fills me up!

    1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I use Arbonne, shown below)
1 tbsp. PB2 (chocolate or regular)
1/2 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
1 packet of green tea
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
a few shakes of cinnamon
some extra ice/water to fill up the blender bottle!


I use a blender/shake bottle, but you can also use a a blender/magic bullet type mixer if you don't have a blender bottle. I usually let it sit for awhile so the green tea cools down as the ice melts. This shake is truly delicious! Enjoy:)




1 comment:

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every one! Stay well and xoxo, Mer In America