header
HomeAboutHealth InspirationSponsor

Monday, February 10, 2014

Sleep

Hi nuggets! I was watching the end of Bethenny today and they had a dermatologist on. She specializes in making women's skin look younger at the meager price of $1000 and 2 needle sticks to the face. They were saying that sleep is a hot commodity these days, especially for women juggling work, family, relationships, etc. The doctor said the $1000 shots would make you look good, but sleep is really the answer for younger, glowing skin.


 I wake up every few hours, and I have tried every trick in the book. I refuse to go back on Lunesta because I used to online shop for clothes 3 sizes too small, when I was on it (that was one of my first blog posts, ya'll!) and I have enough lavender scented items to run Bath and Body Works out of business. Nevertheless, my sleep patterns are on the rocks. What about you? Do you sleep? What are your tricks? And most importantly, would you be willing to pay $1000 for what a few nights of good sleep could do for you? I'm still on the fence:)




14 comments:

  1. I definitely wouldn't pay $1,000, but for people that have insane insomnia and such, I can see where the draw would DEFINITELY come in!! I think I sleep enough but I'd love to go to sleep earlier and wake-up earlier. I've gotten into the habit of working late + waking up late which I hate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the yogi brand nighttime tea..it may sound silly, but it's so incredibly calming that I almost feel like I took a sleeping pill when I drink it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have insane insomnia and I've tried all the go-to's... sleepy time tea, lavender, chill music . The only thing that does the trick is reading something incredibly boring until I finally fall out lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of my class reading is like that...I'll try it!

      Delete
  4. The trick for me is just simply reading a book. I also wake up in the middle of the night for work, so I'm always exhausted at the end of the day! Keeping a regular work out schedule helps too, b/c then I'm always tired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I def keep a regular work out schedule...I don't know how you do it Bethy!

      Delete
  5. How is your mattress? I know since my husband and I got a new bed I sleep a lot better. I know thats a big investment but you spend a major amount of your life in that bed so definitely need to have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sleep is so important! I hope you can find ways to help you sleep and not break the bank!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every one! Stay well and xoxo, Mer In America