header
HomeAboutHealth InspirationSponsor

Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Actors Nobody Hears About

Tonight, I suprisingly didn't watch the Oscars. I watched the Red Carpet because Mer in America sure does love those pretty dresses. The question, "Who are you wearing", just gives me a little tingle inside. Anyway, some years, there are movies that I feel really passionate about and I really want certain actors/movies to win. This year wasn't the case, so I continued my Sons of Anarchy marathon.


While watching, I started thinking of actors and actresses that have amazing roles on amazing shows and nobody knows who they are. Four came to mind: Molly Parker as Jackie Sharp on House of Cards, Dean Norris as Hank Shrader on Breaking Bad, Giancarlo Esposito as Gustavo Fring on Breaking Bad and Maggie Siff as Tara Teller on Sons of Anarchy.

Yes, these actors and actresses may be up for Golden Globes or Emmys, but I don't even think that those measure the amount of talent and characterization these performers exhibit. Some of these actors play the same characters for up to seven seasons (like Maggie Siff) or close to that. I feel like when as a viewer, you can almost see the characters evolve into real people, the more seasons they are on. Its like seeing a flower grow.

It also makes me excited for Molly Parker on House of Cards. Girl has a very dynamic role and without giving too much away (I know not all of my nuggets have finished the sensationsal sophomore season of this epic show) she is very mysterious, yet predictable at the same time. That isn't easy to pull off as believable, but somehow she does.
Molly Parker


And to Dean Norris and Giancarlo Esposito- I know Breaking Bad is over. I still haven't gotten past this fact, and I should be entering therapy for it shortly lol. Your performances were epic. Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston were amazing obviously, but the leads aren't anything without dynamic, strong supporting roles.
Giancarlo Esposito
Dean Norris


And lastly, Miss Maggie Siff, whose show isn't over yet...Tara is evolving every day. She adds a strength and a foundation to a show based on "men of mayhem" and titled Sons of Anarchy. I say that is no easy feat.
Maggie Siff


So hats off, to the actors and actresses that are stellar performers, but may not always get the recognition they truly deserve.

4 comments:

  1. I just cannot get enough of Tara from SOA!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! I have heard of none of these people. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on them so I can learn who they are and look out for their talent.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every one! Stay well and xoxo, Mer In America