header
HomeAboutHealth InspirationSponsor

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Smaller portions, bigger health benefits?

  Hi nuggets! I mentioned this on my twitter (@Mer_InAmerica) yesterday that as I was driving to work, I heard Ryan Seacrest talking about how LA county's public health department was thinking about enforcing portion control at restaurants in LA.
    Personally, I think this would be awesome across the US due to our obesity problems. I love restaurants because of the huge portions but I know fo sho they are terrible for you. Both Seacrest (out) and I agree that when a big portion is put out in front of us, we usually eat the whole darn thing, even if we aren't hungry anymore. Restaurants restricting these portions would help Americans like Ry and I eat more appropriately. 
     On the flip side, it is person's choice how much they want to eat when they go out.  I just thought this was such an interesting health issue that came up and I wanted to share it with you today!

1 comment:

  1. I think it should be in place. BUT if they're gonna make the portions smaller, they need to make the prices smaller. I live in LA and 99% of restaurants are already super over priced.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every one! Stay well and xoxo, Mer In America