header
HomeAboutHealth InspirationSponsor

Monday, January 20, 2014

Some Health News

First off, my weekend did take a splendid turn when I tried a new workout! I did the Rhythym & Motion class at Cincinnati Ballet with a friend. It was so much fun and I got to do modern and jazz dance, which are my favorites. Click on the link if you're in the area and want to learn more:)


Secondly, I wanted to briefly share an article my dad showed me regarding how some "weight loss" companies are being charged with fraud. Companies that are saying that their products like powders, creams and drops can actually lead to weight loss are obviously not telling the truth. According to Edward Watt's article, Weight-Loss Companies Charged With Fraud, Sensa, L'Occitane, HCG Diet direct and Lean Spa will "collectively pay $34 million to refund consumers".


Sucks for them. But the main message here is be careful about products that claim to help you lose weight that have nothing to do with nutrition, diet or exercise. To lose or manage a healthy weight, you have to eat right and exercise. Walking around a chair three times and using body lotion may be fun, but it ain't gonna make you skinny. One of my New Year's resolutions was to share some more health info with you guys when I learn them from my classes, but you gotta thank my dad for this one!

Have a healthy Monday!

8 comments:

  1. Whoa, that's crazy! You've got to be careful what you buy, and even more so what you ingest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...I even tried Sensa once, and then promptly returned it...

      Delete
  2. Fun! I've always wanted to go to one of the Rhythm and Motion classes! I need to put it on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That class looks full and that means one thing : awesome workout and lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That class looks fun! I love finding new ways to mix up my workouts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every one! Stay well and xoxo, Mer In America