header
HomeAboutHealth InspirationSponsor

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Best Job Ever

If you don't know me in real life, you may not know that I am a proud aunt of three adorable nuggets. Alexis (Lexi) is turning 4 tomorrow, Zack is about 1.5 and Eli just turned one.


Being an aunt is a very fun job. You don't have to discipline them and you can just enjoy their cuteness. You can also spoil them and make them say and do things their parents don't want them to do. Whoops.

Young kids are a lot of work but my favorite thing about them is that they are so innocent and new. My mom mentioned at Lexi's first friends birthday party this past weekend that its amazing how kids get really excited over everything. It is so true. Just seeing a new toy, a new animal outside or a new face is just the best thing ever. Nothing's stupid, stressful or overdone. They truly live in each moment and appreciate things adults tend to overlook.

Being around my nephews and niece help me stop for a minute and enjoy the moment at hand. It is hard to think of to-do lists, obligations and other big kid problems when you have your four year old niece singing Flo Rida's "Whistle". "Aunt Mer Mer" is my favorite title and being an aunt is my favorite job. They reiterate what is important in life and help me become more mindful, which definitely keeps me feeling well! Have a good Tuesday everyone!


Zack slamming pizza at Lexi's birthday party

Which Aunt does Lexi take after?? Hmm.

All the nuggets at Halloween

Eli in a sweater vest

All the kids with their Mimi and Papa (my parents)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every one! Stay well and xoxo, Mer In America