header
HomeAboutHealth InspirationSponsor

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Miami Memories

Hi Nuggets! I hope everyone had a fabulous Memorial Day weekend. I definitely did. I saw off a friend that is moving away, did a photo shoot with the fabulous Maggie Arnold Photography (don't worry, pics to come soon) and went back to my undergrad (Miami University of Ohio) with 2 of my best friends. We capped off the weekend with going to the Taste of Cincinnati. My semi-clean eating was not great this weekend but I did my best not to go batsh** crazy with the food, which was hard because Miami has some BAG (bad ass grub).


Going to Miami was very bittersweet. As we drove closer and closer to good old Oxford, Ohio, I got butterflies in my stomach...like I did when I used to come back from vacations or breaks from school. This time the butterflies were for a different reason. I loved college. I loved my friends, I loved being in a sorority, I loved being able to nap at 2 pm, I loved not having responsibilities, etc. It wasn't perfect, but it was easier. Going back to Miami made me remember an easier time, and also made it clear that 4 years have gone past since I graduated from this place. I have a Masters degree now. I have a doggie. I pay my own bills. I feel like I have learned a lot more about myself and the world around me since I left Oxford, but that too comes with its advantages and drawbacks. Things are different now. Some things are better and some are not. I think reflecting (not dwelling) on the past can be important for personal wellness, and that definitely occurred this weekend. I just feel blessed I had an amazing college experience and still have loyal and caring friends from that time in my life.

Love and Honor to Miami, forever.
B, S and I near the Upham Arch at Miami of Ohio

Don't forget to enter to win a bunch of cool stuff from Penniless Socialite's May Group Giveaway  AND wine lover's gear from Wine Lover's Giveaway Extravaganza!!

8 comments:

  1. Oh girl! I used to go to cheer camp at Miami every year in HS. It's such a pretty campus and reminds me a lot of Indiana U (where I went).

    I know the feeling about missing college and going back to visit. Everytime I go back, it's like I never left. It makes me so sad that I will never live life as simply or carefree as I did then.

    Which sorority were you in? I'm an Alpha Gam. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a Kappa Alpha Theta! I knew a lot of people at IU!

      Delete
  2. I miss our Larosas's dinners.
    Any my last visit to miami, i became so nostaligic. I was crying. OH MY! life was so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been out of college for six years now. It's definitely something that I miss. Usually the freedom without too many bills!! lol.

    Just wanted to stop by and let you know I nominated you for a Liebster Award!! Head on over to my blog to get the deets and find out all about it!! Don't forget to enter the giveaway while youre there!!

    Kristin
    www.hopelesslyeverafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm not sure what this Liebster award is but I'm looking into it!

      Delete
  4. Isn't it so weird realizing how much you've grown since college? I hate the paying my own bills part though. I'm a new blogger too and found you through Kristin's Liebster Award post. Love the name of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I have no idea what this award is but I am looking into it!

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every one! Stay well and xoxo, Mer In America