header
HomeAboutHealth InspirationSponsor

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Follow Your Arrow Wherever It Points


Happy Wildcard Wednesday little nuggets. I wanted to share this song I heard first thing this morning. Follow Your Arrow by Kacey Musgraves. Now being Mer In America, I love me some country music. The twangier and crazier the better. (Another favorite is Redneck Crazy by Tyler Farr but I digress). For some reason this song really hit me today, especially the lyrics:

You're damned if you do, you're damned if you don't, so might as well do whatever       you want.



Kacey, preach. Couldn't of sang that better myself. I think sometimes 20-something females (and males, maybe, boys confuse me) are very focused on what we think we are supposed to be instead of what we want to be. At least I am. I sometimes get so caught up in things I am doing for other people or to make myself seem better (enter skinnier, prettier, smarter, more organized, hilarious, crafty, deep, cutesy depending on the day) for other people. To be honest, its exhausting sometimes. No matter what you do there is a good chance someone has an opinion about it. There is also a good chance that opinion ain't favorable. So maybe on this "well" Wednesday, I am going to try to focus on doing what I want a little bit more than usual. Maybe you should too.




1 comment:

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every one! Stay well and xoxo, Mer In America