header
HomeAboutHealth InspirationSponsor

Friday, April 12, 2013

#backthatazzup Friday!

Not Your Mama's Broken Heart Video: Hey everyone, and happy Friday! I am pretty excited to be posting my first "link up"! As I mentioned, I am new to the bloggy world, but I think I understand how this works, finally. I liked this link up because it is about music...one of my favorite things. Music...is my boyfriend. Whether you are happy, sad, party rockin', slow jamming or reminiscing, music adds color to our experiences. I was thinking the other day when listening to a song how interesting it was that I have felt exactly the way that the songwriter did when they were writing the song. This perfect stranger that I will never meet has shared the exact same emotion as I have once. Music helps us feel less alone and more connected to the world around us. It's comforting to know that I am not the only one that's lost in love, wanted to yell at someone that they're just MEAN [that's for you T-Swift], felt crazy, threw my hands up in the air like I just didn't care, grieved for a loved one or "lost my keys and lost my phone" after a long evening of drinking adult beverages. No matter what is going on in my life, I can find a song that mirrors that. Which is balla. Music helps us feel and express emotions in a healthy way, which is what personal wellness is all about. This week's #backthatazzup song is "Not Your Mama's Broken Heart" performed by the great sparkly pink microphone singin', gun slingin', beer drinkin', arrow shootin' Miranda Lambert. Enjoy your weekend and remember, "hide your crazy and start actin' like a lady"! xoxo and stay well, Merica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every one! Stay well and xoxo, Mer In America